I have no idea where or when exactly the photo was made which I took as a basis for the following linoleum print. I guess it’s an old holiday pic of my parents or grandparents, dated somewhen in the 1960s. I found it coincidentally while I was scannend a bunch of old slides.
I tried to simplify the picture a little bit. It became more like an experiment as the follow up print was just my second since I practiced linoleum prints in school and also because it was my first attempt to use a block with a size of 297 x 420mm. It’s pretty big and it takes a while to cut out all the material.
This is the result:
You may recognize that I missed to mirror the template, but it works pretty well.