A portrait of M.This portrait of “M.” is the first portrait linoleum print I did. We had a photo shooting a few weeks before the print. One of the resulting pictures was the following (it’s already mirrored!):
The idea was to get a high contrast image, it would make the linoleum cut easier. The photo happens to end up like this (in the original direction):
I’m still not perfectly happy with the mouth and I removed the black strokes at the throat as the work advanced. So finally I added another color to fill the face, it’s burned ochre (or something like that).
I’m still working on the print, removing unnecessary pieces of the printing block or added different colors. However I like the result already.